Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanks Giving



     On Thanksgiving this year, we were exactly 5 months pregnant- about half way there. Say whAAAAt? It seems like things have just flown by! We went to Enterprise to spend it with my family, and as I looked around the room Thursday afternoon and thought over our life together, I was struck by how much I really have to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband, a great family, a cute little puppy, and a beautiful baby girl on the way. I'm truly so thankful for all that. You know how sometimes you know something for a really long time, but then somehow for some reason, all the sudden it seems new? Like you never really knew it or understood it before? I feel that way, especially about my sweet T.J.
     I know Teej looks really happy and handsome in these pictures, but the truth of the matter is...well...he hates taking pictures and there happened to be an Alabama football game coming on this afternoon. So he DIDN'T want to be outside in a sweater indulging all my goofy picture dreams. But he sure did. When I feel frumpy and round he always tells me that I am the most beautiful I have ever been. I can see it in his eyes that he means it too. He rubs my feet and lets me sleep and reads books to my belly. He's gentle and forgiving, and patient and protective. AND hot. He's been my hero and my comfort through all my crazy phases. We have the absolute best conversations- the deepest most meaningful talks. No one understands me or argues with me or makes me feel special like my sweet T.J. Today he said, " I know I'm not going to be a perfect parent, but I'm going to try...," and I thought, I like that. I'm going to try to do that too. lol. And if he's anywhere near as good a daddy as he is a husband (and I predict he is), he'll be the best father for Madelyn that I could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment