Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Guess What?

I don't have diabetes. My fantastic doctor texted me the day of my test and said "I passed with flying colors."

FLYING COLORS!

YES.

What a relief! Its like I lost 400 pounds when I found out. And I learned the very important lesson not to ever eat ANYTHING before a glucose test, because if you do, the doctor's office may force you to endure very terrible tests only to tell you everything is fine.



And guess what else? I am so in love with my precious little girl. I'm starting to feel so anxious to meet her. And hold her. AND just love her to death for the rest of her life. Madelyn has moved from this very abstract distant idea of "pregnancy" at the beginning, to this extremely intimate and real part of my life... and my heart. The Lord has just knit my heart so closely to hers. As I write this, my belly is jumping as my sweet little girl wiggles around. She's getting pretty strong in there too. And its also getting a bit crowded. She'll never be closer to me than she is now, and I find that both wonderful and very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment