Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuscaloosa Baby Shower

Well, Mrs. Mary Jacque and Angie Pugh threw us an unbelievable baby shower, and we were just tremendously blessed by all the ladies in our church. More than I could even imagine!





     They made us a cute cake table, and door wreath, and even a special pregnant lady rocker for me to sit in :).


 It was  really wonderful. I guilt tripped my wonderful husband into coming, only to find out that boys don't really go to baby showers... haha. Not even the daddy! But I'm new, I didn't know. LESSON LEARNED. Just everything about the shower made me feel so special and loved. I sat between my grandma (an excellent organizer and recorder, so you can thank her when you get a very concise thankyou note!) and my sweet mother in law,and opened so many presents I worked up a sweat! Granted, I get the baby sweats pretty easily, but the point is... our family and our daughter were majorly blessed this Sunday. I find myself being jealous of her adorable new wardrobe. After church, I went home and put EVERYTHING away. I just couldn't stop! It was like this baby high I was on, and am still on, when all I wanted to do was organize and put away and write cards and baby decorate.



AND, last night, TJ and I did some major interior designing. We put up shelves and put up picture frames and mirrors... it could have been and HGTV special. It feels like we are getting so close to having this wonderful new little person in our lives! Never have I ever seen TJ excited to decorate a room or discuss room layouts and color schemes, but last night he turned into a carpenter, handyman, and a decorator. He looks good when he stretches his daddy muscles! And when we had done all we could possibly do, we just sat in the floor in our baby girl's room and marveled at how excited and blessed we are for whats to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment