Monday, January 9, 2012

National Championship


ALABAMA -21
LSU-0 

ROLLLLLL TIDE

Praise the Lord that Alabama won. For my school's sake. For my marriage's sake. For the ride home's sake. PRAISE THE LORD.

Now let me tell you why Alabama was guaranteed to win tonight...

because Alabama always wins National Championships on years that major events in my life occur, and subsequently overshadow them. For example, the year T.J. and I were married, Duke won some basketball thing and Alabama won the National Championship, and T.J. made this glorious statement:


"This is the best year of my life."

Wouldn't that be sweet if he were referring to me and not sports team victories? Now that our first child is being born, this can once again be one of the greatest years of his life. Because Alabama has won another Championship!

Haha, I know that sounds very cynical and unhappy, but I'm actually very excited. Me and Mrs. Mary Jacque watched from the hotel in New Orleans and the boys went to the game. I know that even as I write this, they are hugging complete strangers and re-living especially interesting moments in this magical game. If I am completely honest, there are times I become very jealous of this game T.J. loves so much, because I want his undivided attention and love. I've recently come across the term "football widow." But at the end of the day, when it all comes down to it, I love that the Joy boys (my husband included) have something they can get so excited about. And I love that they love it. I'm learning to synthesize my own "love" for Alabama football because they are soooo into it. 

Roll Tide Thank God

No comments:

Post a Comment