Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day came early!

     My husband is a fantastic man and a wonderful father. But he is terrible at keeping secrets and resisting gift giving. Its a flaw I'm rather fond of. He made this Mother's day SO special for me. And it hasn't even happened yet! Today when he came home from work, he cleverly taped a "note from Madelyn" on our bathroom door with instructions to ask daddy what she got for me. He pulled out a little gold box. Now, I know what the little gold box means- it means some kind of great jewelry. TJ is always bringing me fantastic gold boxes. He got his father's overindulgent jewelry giving bone (another one of TJ's fantastic attributes). I unwrapped Madi's gift and sitting inside that adorable little gold box...were a pair of diamond earrings. They are beautiful! I could hardly believe Madelyn could think of such an amazing gift :). And whats even better than the most beautiful pair of earrings in the world, is the thought behind it. Diamonds just so happen to be Madelyn's birth stone. And one day when she's older, I'll get to pass them down to her. What a thoughtful daddy.







No comments:

Post a Comment