Thursday, March 15, 2012

9 MONTHS!!!

     Wow I am so pregnant. Today we are at exactly 36 weeks-next week is technically "full term" I think. Its unbelievable and an increasing relief that we will have our baby girl within the month. Overall I feel OK, but this huge baby is wearing on my body! I have new aches and pains everyday. This morning at 4:00am (a time I never like to be awake) I shot up out of bed with the WORSE heartburn of my life. Granted, I gorged myself on Olive Garden and lemon cream pie the night before, but it was terrible. I waddled to the kitchen only to find one measly TUM left in the medicine cabinet. Of course.
     My grandma came this weekend to hang out and help us get the crib together. She's really good at sewing and making masterpieces so I knew she'd be a huge help. And we had so much fun together! We finished the crib, so the room is now absolutely complete (more or less-there ALWAYS seems to be one more thing...) and ready for Madelyn! And, she took me shopping for all kinds of baby things. We got various covers and sheets and TONS of clothes, and... a wipes warmer. Haha, that last one is funny because, Grandma has gone on and on about how important a wipes warmer is to the psychological and physical nurturing of our child. After all, how unbearable would it be to have a cold wipe touch the graced bottom of our Madi? To me, life is rough and sometimes you just have cold wipes on your bottom. But Grandma kept insisting how marvelous and necessary they were, and lo and behold we stop at TJ Maxx and what do they have? One single antimicrobial wipes warmer just sitting there, reasonably priced and waiting for us. SO guess what? Madelyn now will never have to experience anything but an appropriately warmed wipe and a pleasant diaper changing experience. Between the two baby monitors and the wipe warmer we have on the changing table, it looks like a spaceship command center.


     Today, I celebrated my nine months of pregnancy by meeting my own momma in Birmingham for lunch. She was on a field trip with her band kids today. Its always interesting to me to see other people's response to me if they haven't seen me in a while. Normally it includes a lingering stare, a twins joke, and a little giggle. I got all of those today from my former 7th grade teachers. Alot of things have changed since the 7th grade! Not really for them- they all pretty much look the same. But I have changed a little.

     My momma texted me after she left and said:

"There is just something special about holding 
your baby no matter how old she is."

That absolutely must be true. Holding Madi when I'm 65 will be just as sweet as next week when I hold her (wishful thinking? lol). Being a mom has made me so much more appreciative of my own momma. Its true what they say-that the older you get the smarter your parents become. And the more you realize the love they have for you and everything they have done for your sake.


Love you momma.


Love you Madelyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment