Wednesday, March 28, 2012

sleep...

     Why have I been awake since 4am you might ask? Well, I just might ask myself that same question. Self, why won't you go to sleep and just make everyone happy? I don't know other self, it might have something to do with the universe's mean pregnancy hormones that make me sleepy ALL THE TIME, and yet make nighttime sleeping impossible.
      This reminds me of a story- once upon a time, there was a VERY pregnant lady, and then her daughter decided to hurry up and be born, and she was no longer swollen, huge, or an insomniac. And everyone was happy and slept soundly through the night promptly at 6 weeks.
     About a month or so ago, I was talking to my mom about the delivery, and she said ," Don't worry baby, you will be fine one way or the other. They will cut or rip that baby out of you and you will be fine." At the time, that comment left me feeling slightly anxious and making mental notes not to ask my mom for any more comforting pregnancy tips. And yet now, my anxiety seems to be waning. One of my future professors was talking to me the other day and said, "the last uncomfortable weeks of pregnancy are God's way of giving a woman the incentive to give birth." Wow. Yes. No wonder she is a Dr. Mom's words seem soooo comforting now. Please! Give me some of those good meds, and take this baby. Just go on ahead and take her out, however its gotta happen. Of course I still feel a little scared and uncertain about the whole miracle I am about to perform with my body (thanks for everything, Eve), but lets just get on with it now. I pray to God sometimes and ask him if Madi is healthy, and ready, please let her be born. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment