Monday, March 19, 2012

Its been one of those days...

     Ya know, one of those days that starts out perfectly normal, but just kind of becomes wonderful somehow?? Thank goodness for those sweet days, and thank goodness for today. I got a FULL nights sleep, which felt glorious considering I have been averaging about 3 hours of good rest lately. I strolled out of bed, got some good bible study done, and was whisked away to a great little lunch date with my sweet husband. I could even put my tennis shoes on all by myself today! (- its the little things). Today is also the day I found out that I made it into MAP, the education program I desperately want to be in and have been anxiously awaiting an acceptance letter to. TJ changed his major to a Master's Degree he much prefers and is thrilled about, and now with our academic futures a little clearer and marked out, we got to talk about times we could possibly go and get our son from Uganda-its like a 6 week trip to get him.

OOOOOOOOOh the sweet relief of the school hassle load becoming lighter...

     Also, Thursday is 37 weeks and we will be "full term." I never thought I would feel like I do, but I am so much calmer and less stressed than I imagined. While it may seem like I have a sour attitude about this pregnancy in normal conversation, I have really enjoyed it. I like feeling every move, every hiccup, and every big bottom she sticks out under my right rib. I love my daughter, and I love being so close to her and being able to take care of her. Its strange how my relationship with my stomach has changed! The idea of "pregnancy" and a "child" inside me used to be so abstract and distant. Even though I knew it was real, it didn't feel like a reality. Even now, sometimes I forget that there is actually a small person behind this big ole belly, and very soon she will be in our arms. I think its the fact that we have never laid eyes on her that she feels... not quite real yet, or not quite here yet, although she is VERY MUCH here. In the past few days, I have become, well, infatuated. It feels like when you meet a boy for the first time and everything reminds you of him, and you daydream about his every feature and feel physical pain until you can see him again. I feel like that about Madi. I daydream ALL the time. I wonder what her hair will look like, and if she has her daddy's eyes (I hope!), and what her first cry will sound like. I want to hold her in my arms and feel her warm tiny little hands. I wonder what our first moments face to face will be like, and what it will feel like to kiss her. The anticipation is KILLING me! I've never wanted to see or hold anyone as much as I want this little girl. OOOOH I'm in love. Big time. Even though she is with me always, I miss her. I'm so ready to have her...

No comments:

Post a Comment