Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friday Lunch Dates

     Since me and T.J. are hopelessly in love, we try to have a lunch date every Friday. Well yesterday, this date looked like McDonalds and a walk in some obscure park near campus. Very chilly and romantic. As we sat quietly in front of this pretty fountain, I turned to him and said, "I'm really glad for these times we have now." I love soaking up these last few months of just the two of us, all wrapped up in only each other. Now, thats not to say I can't wait until this little person finally gets here, but I'm realizing a special season in our life is coming to an end- rapidly. I like Friday afternoon lunches and lazy Saturdays when we can do whatever we want. I like King Louie getting his dinner being our biggest personal responsibility. I like sleeping all night long. I like our entire household being potty trained. And I'm open to a new world and all the excitement that comes with Madelyn or Jack Jack, but I'm going to miss the old life too. Isn't that just life? You get kindof used to it and then it just goes and radically changes on you. Keeps things interesting I guess...
     Today my tiny baby is 15 weeks and 2 days. Maybe he or she can hear, which makes me embarrassed when I think of all the solos I take in the shower or in the car. Baby can squint and smile and frown. He or she is like 4 inches long or something like that- like a little baby action figure! Its strange, because I don't feel like I have enough room in my belly to have an action figure in there and not be able to feel it move. But I sure can't feel it. I can't WAIT till the first time we can feel it.




In only 9 days we'll know the gender! Which will be great because I've wanted to know for about 15 weeks and 2 days now, but also so I won't have to keep blogging about this "he or she" anymore. It will majorly free up some typing time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment