Friday, February 17, 2012

Look at this thing


    I feel like I have a beach ball permanently implanted under my skin. And this beach ball likes to take aerobics classes. ALL. DAY. LONG. Pregnancy is like this totally wonderful thing that I love, but that also has a few minor setbacks. Which occasionally feel like big setbacks. Like... I'm not even sure if I have feet anymore. My wedding ring only fits on my pinky finger now, and I am starving all the time for junk food, which makes my tummy hurt and gives me major indigestion. I got up and peed three times last night. Sometimes, I literally feel like my body aged 50 years in 8 months. My sad little back hurts from this hefty load I'm toting around, and my huge heavy belly actually pulls down when I lay down. I have to like lift it up and flip it over to change sides. Woe is me if I drop something. And I am so sweaty I have to have several wardrobe changes some days...and some of my pregnancy clothes are getting too small! Talk about a major depressing moment.

Pregnancy can be so wonderful and feel so terrible at the same time. I pray I will get the privilege to do it again, but today it feels like I'm about ready to get this kid on out! Haha and I bet soon I'll be wishing I could put her back, when she's crying at 2am or I have a big carseat to tote around.

Anyways, I was reflecting on these pregnancy woes, and yes, maybe I just vented a little bit. Mood swings are a part of pregnancy, right? But before TJ and I got married, we made ourselves promise we would try to remember each moment and enjoy it when we had it. Getting ready, holding my daddy's arm, seeing him for the first time, our first real kiss... and I want to do that with Madi too. So, to be thorough and honest, I am remembering and enjoying this moment when I am very uncomfortable and large. And only a little bit longer to wait until I see my sweet daughter, and my feet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment