Friday, April 13, 2012

Mothers just know

Mothers just know. What a load.

     Maybe my powers as a mother just have not kicked in yet, but I do not...just know.

How will I know if she's sick?? Response-you'll just know. Mothers just know.
How will I know what she wants?? Response- You'll learn her cries. Each one is different. you'll just know.
T.J.-You guys have already bonded so much. She loves her mother...

     I love my daughter with a love stronger than I even knew was possible. I want only good things for her and I want to take the best care of her I can and always try to protect her. But I have no idea what she wants. At 3 am when she begins to cry, I fearfully peer over the edge of her pack-play, and I do not know. I don't know what she wants. When I feed her for an hour and a half and she falls asleep for 3 minutes, only to erupt in tears again, I have no idea what she wants.

What do babies want???
Why can't they just come out of the womb speaking English and just tell us

    What a learning experience we have been going through with this beautiful baby girl. I feel closer to my husband than I ever have before. Closer to tears, closer to lashing out-closer to alot of things. And throughout all these new struggles, just to look on her precious little face makes me contented.

Still, I wish the mom super power wasn't knowing- but the ability to no longer require sleep. That seems like it would be more helpful.

(8 days old)

No comments:

Post a Comment