Monday, April 9, 2012

What a week...

    We had Madelyn on Wednesday! She beat the induction, and only took 7 hours from beginning to end.

April 4, 2012
1:16 a.m.
8 pounds, 1 ounce
20 inches

As of right now, I have too much sleeping to catch up on to really put together intelligent thoughts, but let me at least try. I love my daughter so much. I think I can't ever love her more and then two minutes later I do. Holding her in my arms finally is the most amazing feeling. She opened up a new kind of love in my heart I didn't know I could have. Even despite all the sleepless nights, having to feed her basically on the hour, and recovering from a massively traumatic physical experience, its been the most rewarding time of my life. I see my husband hold her and take care of her, and kiss all over her, and it makes my love for him go to a completely different level. He has been amazing about taking care of me, and giving me rest when he can, and bringing me whatever I ask for, lol. God has blessed me with an amazing husband, thats for sure. Learning how to adjust to our new family is a blessing. A hard blessing, one that makes me tired and cranky and cry alot, but nothing else in this world has ever been sweeter. Motherhood is an amazing gift that I am so thankful for- a whole new life of worries and concerns, and struggles. My heart has already been completely stolen away from me. I would do anything for her- give up anything, go anywhere, take any measure. She is my absolute love. I think God gives us parenthood so we can have a chance to understand how his heart feels about us. Even if this is just a small reflection of His love for me, its amazing. Its life changing.

     Heres a picture of Madelyn on her first Easter-I have to throw in a picture, because, well, she is the most beautiful person in the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment