Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dear Madelyn...

Dear Madelyn,

     I have never been more enamored with anyone in my life before. I find I can't stop looking at you sometimes! My latest obsession is with your eyelashes. Your cute little baby eyelashes. So small and so perfect and so pretty. I've memorized every part of you. You have detached earlobes like your daddy. Your skin matches mine exactly. You have the same color hair that I had when I was a baby. T.J. swears your blue grey eyes are turning green, but I don't think so. I hope they stay blue like your grandpas'. Sometimes things are so hard- learning to live with all the new challenges of parenthood is....hard. But I wish that I could capture all these moments and save them forever. I want to just spend forever in the moments when I hold you and you gaze into my eyes. You are the most perfect thing I've ever had in my life. The most perfect, pure, and sweet thing I've ever been blessed with. I want to learn who you are and what you like. And make you happy and bring that big gummy smile to your face. I want to take care of you for the rest of my life and see you learn to walk and take you to the park and Beiber concerts. I wish I could protect you from all the bad things in this world, and keep you innocent and light-hearted. I wish I could take all the terrible things that are going to happen to you in this life and stop them. I want to kiss away any sad feelings and heal up all your hurts. I know thats unrealistic, but... I just want to give you the world. The whole wide world, and every good and perfect thing. You hold my entire heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment